In this notification below, you will see very critical information around security that could affect customer services that they have procured via ZNetLive. Please do not ignore these notifications.
- As part of monthly update releases, Microsoft and cPanel have released Windows and cPanel critical patches for the month of November 2022.
- Newly released security patches by Microsoft and cPanel for the flaws relating to all Windows 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2 /2016 server versions have been covered.
- These updates are also a defence against the TCP SYN Flooding Attacks which are patched in updates, only. So, we encourage customers to get their system updated.
Although, at ZNetLive we have tested all the patches, we humbly request customers also, to review at their end. We understand that security updates are often viewed as inconvenience but, in real they are the best defence against the common viruses, malware or any other security threats prevalent online.
Customers need to test each patch’s compatibility with business-critical applications and software and provide us with a suitable window to apply the patches.
Expected Downtime: 30-45 mins
Effect of Maintenance: We shall be restarting the servers after the patch update, so there can be 30-45 mins (approx.) downtime on the servers, during the maintenance window provided by the customers. To know more, customers can use ZNetLive’s 24×7 Member Panel for immediate resolution.
All AWS and Azure cloud customers can protect their data with the help of Snapshot backups either on their own or requesting for such assistance from us.
Best practices for server security:
– How to open or close ports using Iptables on Linux?
– How to open or close ports on Windows Firewall?
Important Notice: Prevention is always better than cure, so we strongly advise customers to take backups to prevent data loss situations so that they recover their data in the event of data loss or corruption. ZNetLive is not liable for any damage caused due to any data loss.
Customers may perform simulations of a disaster recovery scenario to ensure that they are adequately prepared for the same. ZNetLive offers comprehensive backup and disaster recovery, security solutions to help customers in times of such disasters. For more details, please contact our sales team.
Click here to download the details of cPanel Patches released in November 2022.
Click here to download the details of Windows Patches released in November 2022